By talking to the pros and athletes in the Team and living all year round in the mountains, we can easily see what's practical and what isn't. In the mountains, weather conditions change quickly and you have to be able to adapt easily to each situation. Some manufacturers recommend changing lenses as the conditions change. That's time-consuming and complicated. Others recommend lenses that accentuate contrasts. That's still not enough. For several years now, we have chosen photochromic lenses to make life easier for riders, and this is still at the heart of our product range, even today.
Our REACTIV Photochromic lens technology offers the widest photochromic range of any lens on the market.
BUT WHAT IS A PHOTOCHROMIC LENS?
A changing, developing, adapting, variable lens..... there are so many different adjectives to describe how a "photochromic lens" works but the benefit is the same: the lens darkens on contact with UV rays and lightens when light intensity is reduced. So, if the light intensity changes, the lens adjusts without any action on your part!
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF PHOTOCHROMIC LENSES:
- Just one pair of goggles with a single lens that you can wear whatever the weather
- Constant protection against the sun's UVA, B and C rays.
- Permanent viewing comfort despite changes in light intensity
JULBO PHOTOCHROMIC TECHNOLOGY MEANS:
- The greatest reactivity for adapting to changes in light: Activation between 20 to 30 seconds
- high photochromic lenses ranging from category 1 to 3, 2 to 3 or 2 to 4.
- A wide choice in terms of colours and performance
- excellent optical quality: NXT lens®
- a life-time warranty for the photochromic function
TECHNOLOGIES DESIGNED TO ADAPT TO EVERY SITUATION
The percentages on the horizontal axis correspond to the transmission of visible light. The higher the percentage, the more light penetrates the lens. The lower the percentage, the more the lens filters the light.