- Intended Use: Spherical, wide field of vision, anti-fog coating, and featherweight spec combine with a frameless design and REACTIV photochromic lens that’s ideal for medium and small faces. Lens Height (mm): 90, Lens Width (mm): 170, Weight: 110g.
- Air Flow: Venting is incorporated into the frame for good air circulation to prevent the formation of fogging.
- Anti-fog Coating: The inner surface of the lens has an additional anti-fog coating.
- Double Adjustment Strap: Two loops on either side of the strap for symmetrical adjustment in the blink of an eye.
- Dual Density Foam: Two layers of foam for optimum comfort and shock absorption with a soft-touch layer for softer contact with the skin.
- Frameless Construction: Slim frame that provides a wide field of vision for a high, unobstructed viewing experience.
- Full Silicone Strap: Strap lined with a silicone strip for perfect grip.
- Invisible Strap Insertion: The strap is inserted directly into the frame support for a minimalist design.
- Overstrap: Offset strap for compatibility with all types of helmets.
- Fit: Full silicone strap offers a comfortable grip and is offset for compatibility with all helmet types and sizes. Dual-density foam creates an optimal fit, with a soft-touch layer against the skin. The Shadow is a smaller version of the Skydome.
- Size: Medium
- Lens Height (mm): 90
- Lens Size (mm): 170
- Age: Adult
- Weight: 110 g
Properly cleaning your eyewear can prevent damage and prolong its lifetime. Avoid using solvents, chemical cleaners, paper-based products, gloves or other abrasive materials that may damage the lens.
1. Gently wash the frame and lens in soapy water.
2. Rinse the frame and lens thoroughly with clean water.
3. Wipe away moisture with a soft microfiber cloth or non-abrasive material. Let the glasses air-dry.
||4. Store glasses in their microfiber case/pouch. Avoid direct sunlight or leaving next to a heat source.|
Dual Density Foam
Full Silicone Strap
REACTIV photochromic lenses automatically transition from lighter to darker depending on the amount of UV light present. This proprietary technology has the widest photochromic range and fastest reaction time on the market, offering superior optical quality, enhanced durability and a lifetime warranty.
Photochromic lenses adjust to changing light conditions by getting lighter or darker depending on the amount of UV light present. The more UV light—or the brighter the conditions—the darker the lens becomes, and vice versa. REACTIV is the name for our proprietary photochromic technology.
REACTIV photochromic technology is helpful when the weather changes, if you're recreating early or late in the day or if you're in and out of the woods frequently. Since the lenses change how light and dark they are, you don't need to switch from one lens to another or take off your sunglasses/goggles as conditions change.
Julbo offers a variety of REACTIV photochromic lenses, which are available in polarized and non-polarized options.
Read more about REACTIV photochromic technology here.
Read more about the benefits of polarized lenses here.
REACTIV lenses are photochromic and adjust to changing light conditions by getting lighter or darker depending on the amount of UV light present. REACTIV lenses are made of NXT (Trivex), which has the clarity of glass and exceptional durability and impact resistance.
SPECTRON lenses are not photochromic and will not lighten or darken. SPECTRON lenses are made of polycarbonate, which is shatter resistant, and are a versatile lens suitable for all types of activities.
Visible Light Transmission (VLT) refers to the percentage of light that filters through a lens—the higher the number, the more light passes through. A window in a home, for example, might have a VLT of around 70%, allowing most visible light to pass through while filtering enough to keep your sofa from getting bleached. A typical goggle lens, like a home’s window, has a fixed VLT—the amount of light it lets through and blocks out remains the same, no matter how bright or dark it is outside.
The VLT of Julbo’s REACTIV lenses, on the other hand, changes as ambient light changes. The new REACTIV 0-4 lens, which has the widest VLT range of any photochromic lens on the market, has a range of 83 to 5%. In other words, just 5% of visible light filters through the lens under extremely bright conditions, allowing for ultimate protection. Conversely, 83% of visible light filters through when it's dark out, allowing for total clarity. Regardless of VLT, REACTIV lenses filter 100% of harmful UVA, B, and C light.
The 0-4 High Contrast (HC) lens has a VLT of 83% down to 5%. This lens has a red base color to help enhance details. The 1-3 High Contrast (HC) has a VLT of 75% down to 17%. This lens has a rose base color, which is also designed to enhance details.
Because of the red base, the 0-4 HC will naturally be slightly darker than the rose base of the 1-3 HC when exposed to the same conditions. If you have light sensitivity on bright days, are out mostly at night or fair-weather days, are out West/at altitude, or prefer a darker all-condition lens, the 0-4 HC is your best choice.
f you struggle the most on low-light days, live in areas with weaker sun/more flat light days (midwest, PNW, NE), or do not have light sensitivity on bright days, the 1-3 HC is your best choice.