REACTIV PHOTOCHROMIC LENS TECHNOLOGY
Julbo has seven unique REACTIV lenses available. These REACTIV lenses offer the widest photochromic range and the fastest reaction time on the market.
Each lens takes nearly 20 hours to make and is casted from Trivex, a material used in helicopter windshields. That means the optical quality is nearly as good as glass and far superior to the polycarbonate lenses that most other brands use. It’s also why our REACTIV photochromic technology never wears off, meaning we can back our lenses with a lifetime warranty.
SEE THE REACTIV DIFFERENCE
Photochromic lenses automatically lighten or darken depending on the amount of UV light. The more UV light present, the darker the lenses will become, protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays and providing crystal-clear visibility no matter the light conditions.
REACTIV LENS FEATURES
Julbo REACTIV lenses are equipped with the most advanced photochromic technology, which makes them ideal for any activity.
Julbo makes a lens for every possible condition, with our REACTIV lenses offering the widest photochromic range on the market. Our clear to dark lenses range from 87-12% Visible Light Transmission (VLT) while our Performance lenses range from 35-7% VLT.
It takes about 20 seconds for Julbo's REACTIV lenses to change from their lightest to darkest tints, making them the fastest to react on the market.
The photochromic technology is built into Julbo's REACTIV lenses, ensuring they are unaffected by changes in temperature and will only adjust to available light.
Each REACTIV lens is treated with a long-lasting, scratch-resistant anti-fog coating. With proper care and washing, this coating will last for the lifetime of the lens.
REACTIV LENS RANGE
Julbo REACTIV lenses come in a variety of colors, and each lens provides a different range of Visible Light Transmission. That means there is a perfect lens for any condition.
ADDITIONAL LENS FEATURES
All Julbo lenses belong to optical class 1, guaranteeing protection from UV A, B and C rays, and are equipped with additional treatments and features to improve visual clarity and increase longevity.
Blocks glare from reflective surfaces, providing protection and visual clarity
Reduces eye strain and eliminates interference glare
Improves the filtration of visible light
Improves the filtration of visible light by producing a mirror effect on the lens
Makes water slide over the lens and prevents hydrogen bonds forming between water molecules
Prevents finger marks, allows for easier cleaning and makes water slide over the lens
REACTIV VS. POLYCARBONATE LENSES
Many factors differentiate REACTIV lenses from traditional polycarbonate options. Either type offers unique benefits for different activities and budgets.
- REACTIV lenses are photochromic and will change from light to dark based on ambient light
- Non-temperature sensitive technology will react no matter the ambient temperature
- REACTIV technology is built into the lens so it won’t wear off or scratch off over time
- Offers 100% protection against UV A, B and C rays
- Made from Trivex, a material used in helicopter windshields for its extreme durability and superior optical quality
- Traditional polycarbonate lenses are lightweight and offer 100% protection from UV A, B and C rays
- These lenses offer excellent shock resistance
- Visible Light Transmission will differ between lenses depending on the lens’s tint and coating
- Julbo offers a wide choice of polycarbonate lens colors and many affordable options