Cyclon is equipped with a wide, cylindrical lens on a minimalist frame for maximum comfort and a featherweight feel. This frameless goggle is designed to fit and look best with a helmet, with a compact, modern look that offers a wide and unobstructed field of vision. Air Flow ventilation allows you to ski hard without fogging up.
- Intended Use: The large, cylindrical REACTIV photochromic lens with anti-fog coating and frameless design offers enhanced ventilation, an open field of vision, and featherweight specs. Designed to fit comfortably and look great with a helmet. Lens Height (mm): 90, Lens Width (mm): 170, Weight: 120g.
- Air Flow: Venting is incorporated into the frame for good air circulation to prevent the formation of fogging.
- Anti-fog Coating: The inner surface of the lens has an additional anti-fog coating.
- Double Adjustment Strap: Two loops on either side of the strap for symmetrical adjustment in the blink of an eye.
- Dual Density Foam: Two layers of foam for optimum comfort and shock absorption with a soft-touch layer for softer contact with skin.
- Frameless Construction: Slim frame that provides a wide field of vision for a high, unobstructed viewing experience.
- Full Silicone Strap: Strap lined with a silicone strip for perfect grip.
- Invisible Strap Insertion: The strap is inserted directly into the frame support for a minimalist design.
- Fit: Full silicone strap with offset adjustability for compatibility with all helmet types and sizes. Dual-density foam provides an optimal fit, with a soft-touch layer against the skin. The Cyclon is a smaller version of the Cyrius.
- Size: Medium
- Lens Height (mm): 90
- Lens Size (mm): 170
- Age: Adult
- Weight: 120 g
Dual Density Foam
Invisible Strap Insertion
REACTIV Photochromic Technology
REACTIV Photochromic lenses automatically adjust to UV light conditions. REACTIV technology enhances contrast and amplifies clarity, reducing eye fatigue during your adventures. Julbo lenses are shatterproof and scratch-resistant, and all our eyewear is backed with a lifetime guarantee.
Photochromic lenses adjust to changing light conditions by getting lighter or darker depending on the amount of UV light present. The more UV light—or the brighter the conditions—the darker the lens becomes, and vice versa. REACTIV is the name for our proprietary photochromic technology.
REACTIV photochromic technology is helpful when the weather changes, if you're recreating early or late in the day or if you're in and out of the woods frequently. Since the lenses change how light and dark they are, you don't need to switch from one lens to another or take off your sunglasses/goggles as conditions change.
Julbo offers a variety of REACTIV photochromic lenses, which are available in polarized and non-polarized options.
Read more about REACTIV photochromic technology here.
Read more about the benefits of polarized lenses here.
REACTIV lenses are photochromic and adjust to changing light conditions by getting lighter or darker depending on the amount of UV light present. REACTIV lenses are made of NXT (Trivex), which has the clarity of glass and exceptional durability and impact resistance.
SPECTRON lenses are not photochromic and will not lighten or darken. SPECTRON lenses are made of polycarbonate, which is shatter resistant, and are a versatile lens suitable for all types of activities.
Visible Light Transmission (VLT) refers to the percentage of light that filters through a lens—the higher the number, the more light passes through. A window in a home, for example, might have a VLT of around 70%, allowing most visible light to pass through while filtering enough to keep your sofa from getting bleached. A typical goggle lens, like a home’s window, has a fixed VLT—the amount of light it lets through and blocks out remains the same, no matter how bright or dark it is outside.
The VLT of Julbo’s REACTIV lenses, on the other hand, changes as ambient light changes. The new REACTIV 0-4 lens, which has the widest VLT range of any photochromic lens on the market, has a range of 83 to 5%. In other words, just 5% of visible light filters through the lens under extremely bright conditions, allowing for ultimate protection. Conversely, 83% of visible light filters through when it's dark out, allowing for total clarity. Regardless of VLT, REACTIV lenses filter 100% of harmful UVA, B, and C light.
The 0-4 High Contrast (HC) lens has a VLT of 83% down to 5%. This lens has a red base color to help enhance details. The 1-3 High Contrast (HC) has a VLT of 75% down to 17%. This lens has a rose base color, which is also designed to enhance details.
Because of the red base, the 0-4 HC will naturally be slightly darker than the rose base of the 1-3 HC when exposed to the same conditions. If you have light sensitivity on bright days, are out mostly at night or fair-weather days, are out West/at altitude, or prefer a darker all-condition lens, the 0-4 HC is your best choice.
f you struggle the most on low-light days, live in areas with weaker sun/more flat light days (midwest, PNW, NE), or do not have light sensitivity on bright days, the 1-3 HC is your best choice.